DIY: Removing Garage Stains
No matter how hard you try to maintain the cleanliness of your garage floors, there is still a great chance for stains to appear over time. It is advisable for you to familiarize yourself about a few tips on removing garage stains. Here are some of the things that you can do on your own to remove the unsightly stains and dirt from your garage floor:
1. Use cat litter. You may find it impossible for a cat litter to help in removing the stains from your floor but believe me, it works. If oil stains are present in your garage floor, then you should consider gathering cat litter and sprinkle them over the affected spots. Leave the litter for at least one hour. If you want to achieve the best results, then you should consider leaving the litter overnight to ensure that the oil stains are fully absorbed by it. Sweep the litter after that and notice great results.f
2. Act immediately. This means that as soon as someone spills something onto the floor, you should do something to immediately clean it up. Bear in mind that concrete is one of the most porous materials so if you do not remove spills immediately, then there is a great possibility for these to cause stains that you will find impossible to remove in the future. Act as soon as the spills and stains take place as this will give you an easier time removing them.
3. Look for the best cleaner. This tip is extremely useful in removing garage stains. Most stains that appear in garage floors result from oil, grease or dirt or a combination of the three. Look for a concrete cleaner which works suitably for all these types of stains. You can visit home improvement stores and hardware or paint stores to buy a cleaner. But if you think that the stains in your floor are serious and are caused by mildew, rust and paint, then it is advisable for you to choose a more suitable product. Make sure that you seek the advice of experts, read legitimate reviews and carefully read the labels of each of your choices to increase your chances of picking the right cleaner.
4. Use dishwasher detergent or baking soda to clean the stains from the surface. To clean the stains from your garage floor using these materials, you will have to first dab the affected area lightly with water. Sprinkle a liberal amount of dishwasher detergent or baking soda onto it and leave it for a few minutes. Pour boiling water over the area. Allow the area to cool before starting to scrub it with a brush which comes with soft bristles. Continue scrubbing until all the stains are removed.
5. Use sawdust and paint thinner mixture. This is an effective solution when it comes to removing garage stains. What you need to do is to mix the sawdust and paint thinner together until a damp mixture is formed. Spread this mixture over the affected area and leave it for at least twenty minutes. Sweep off the mixture and do the entire process again if you notice that the stains are not yet fully removed.